The Phoenix temple is currently open to the general public for tours. LDS temples are sacred buildings where only worthy members of the church can enter. Before each temple is dedicated they open the doors for the general public to see the inside, whether or not you’re a member of the church. Temples are beautiful inside and out so if you are in the Phoenix area and are interested in visiting the temple then now is your chance. The open house is currently running now through November 1 so don’t miss out! You can find additional information on the LDS website. Earlier this year there was a temple dedicated in Gilbert. Were you able to make it then? If not, now’s your chance!
- Parking is at Wet N Wild and then they shuttle everyone back and forth from the parking lot to the temple grounds.
- Don’t bring strollers. Between the bus and the stairs inside it’ll be too much of a hassle.
- They have an introductory video but come prepared with any questions you might have. There are lots of friendly people around to happily answer anything so don’t be shy.
- The earlier in the day you get there, the less waiting there is, but it’s not too bad.
- They encourage reservations, but if you can’t get one when you’re available show up anyway, they won’t turn you away.
- Remember that this is a sacred building so while you don’t have to wear a shirt and tie it is recommended that you wear clothing that is respectful.