image source: google images
One of the hardest things about living a healthy lifestyle is finding quick, easy, and healthy snacks to keep you away from the candy bar lurking in your desk drawer. I thought a quick list of 5 snacks under 300 calories would help us all out. Feel free to mix an match. And hey, you will be increasing those cancer fighting antioxidants! Woot!
1. 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (27 kcals) + 2 TBSP of hummus (60 kcals). I love how low cal cherry tomatoes are! Amazing.
2. 1 fresh banana (90 -100 kcals) + 2 TBSP of white chocolate peanut butter (180 kcals). A super yummy treat that you will trick your tastebuds into eating a healthier snack!
3. 1 fuji apple (71 kcals) + 1 TBSP of almond butter (101 kcals). I love fuji apples – sweet and crisp! mmmm.
4. 1 cup of fresh blueberries (83 kcals) + 1/4 cup of raw walnuts (200 kcals). Walnuts are a great source of omega 3 fatty-acids something these human bodies of ours need. They are also they only plant based source. Learn more here.
5. 1 red bell pepper sliced (31 kcals) + 2 TBSP of jalapeno greek yogurt dip (60 kcals). Did you know that a red bell pepper has more vitamin C than an orange? It’s true. Next time you feel that cold coming on, double up on your red bells. Did also know vitamin C oxidizes? That means the amount of vitamin C begins to degrade the moment it comes in contact with oxygen (air). Why do you think oranges have that nice thick peel!!! So don’t pre-slice too far in advance. I know your mind has just been blown! You’re welcome!