Happy Monday! Ashleigh is off enjoying her mom’s company and trying to decide if Baby Ryder will join us earlier than his scheduled arrival, August 2nd. So I thought I’d help her out for the next week or so with the “Things to do in Phoenix” posts. I hope I can do them justice.
I’ll keep you posted on Ryder’s arrival. I have a feeling he may not wait until his Dad takes the bar, sorry Kyle or for Ashleigh to catch up with all her brothers and sisters at the family reunion on Thursday, sorry Ash. I am excited to meet the little guy no matter the date! Yay!
Monday, July 29 – Top 10 Ice Cream Shops tour – Start a tour of the top 10 ice cream shops in the Valley. Grab the kids and the hubs or a couple of ice cream loving friends and head out. Just think in 10 weeks you will be an ice cream connoisseur, have tons of fun memories, and a new Monday night tradition. Here’s the list –
- Haagen-Daus – Delicious Premium Ice Cream. Biltmore Fashion Park, 2502 E. Camelback Rd, Phoenix or 602-956-5686.
- Olive & Ivy Marketplace – Popsicle & gelato. 7135 E. Camelback Rd. #135, Scottsdale or 480-751-2200.
- ZK Grill – Persian flavored ice cream – 4757 E Greenway Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032 or 602-354-3663.
- New Orleans Sno Balls – Shaved ice – 5809 N. 7TH ST., Phoenix, Arizona 85014 or -602- 277-5612.
- Mary Coyle – Old fashioned Ice Cream since 1951- 5521 N 7th Avenue, Phoenix or 602-265-6266.
- Snoh-Ice – Asian Ice Shavery – 914 E Camelback Road Suite 4B, Phoenix or 1-888-488-1693.
- Flor de Michoacan – Mexican frozen sweet treats – 734 E. Main St., Mesa or 480-615-1346.
- Sweet Republic – Artisan ice cream – 9160 E Shea Blvd, #105, Scottsdale or 480- 248-6979.
- That’s Amore Gelato – Italian gelato – 8320 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale or 480-315-9970.
- Paleta’s Betty – handmade mexican fruit and cream pops – 425 S. Mill Ave, Tempe or 480-779-8080.
Tuesday, July 30 – Kids Night at Bass Pro – 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Free. Live fish feeding at 6:00 PM, don’t be late! Mesa location- 1133 N. Dobson Rd., Mesa.
Wednesday, July 31 – Bruno Mars in Phoenix: US Airways Center. Tickets range from $35.25-$ 79.25. 602-379-7800 or livenation.com.
Friday, August 2 from 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM – Adult Night Out : The first Friday of each month, Arizona Science Center opens its doors to the 18+. All four floors of hands-on science are FREE. So grab your sweet heart or find a sweet heart and go explore for FREE! Details can be found at azscience.org .
Friday, August 2 – 6:00 PM – First Friday – Game On – No cover. The Art of Video Games with a night of play at the Museum. Challenge your friends and strangers in a winner-takes-all high score tournament presented by Microsoft, dance to the music of Minibosses, get your photo taken in the Photo Booth, and play retro arcade favorites in the artist-designed arcade presented by Artcade Lounge. ARTenders will be on hand to serve up video-game inspired drinks. More details: phxart.org or 602-257-1222.
Saturday, August 3 starting at 6:30 PM – “Bug Night” will consist of outdoor insect viewing with local entomologists and fun for the entire family! A chance to speak with insect experts. Get your questions answered about your favorite insects.Hands on learning experience! Participants should bring their own flashlights, weather permitting. Program starts at 6:30PM in the outdoor amphitheater. $6 per Vehicle Entrance Fee.
Saturday, August 3 from 5 -8 PM – Inside the Cave -Rotunda & Throne Rooms- Photography Tour. This event is a bit pricey but may be worth it. $150 per person, limited to the first 15 people. Funds benefit the Friends of Katchner Caverns State Park. Must be 18 years old or older. Grab your pocket book and camera! All photos taken must be for personal use only, you will have to sign a non-commerical photography release form to participate in this opportunity. Make your reservation NOW by emailing gretchen(at)fkcsp.org or calling 520-668-7707.