French toast makes an appearance regularly in our weekly meals. Whether it’s for dinner or breakfast it doesn’t matter. I usually open the cupboard and grab whatever ingredients I can find that I think will taste good in the egg mixture. I happened to write the ingredients all down the last time I made them. I didn’t use exact measurements, but I did estimate about how much of everything I put in.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 T cinnamon creme coffee creamer
- Heat your griddle to medium high heat (About 350 degrees).
- Mix the egg mixture together with a wire whisk or fork in a 8×8 pan or dish
- Slice the French bread
- Dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture and let it soak for about 3-4 seconds on each side.
- Place bread on the griddle.
- While the toast is cooking cut up your fresh fruit.
- Flip the bread over when light brown spots appear and continue cooking.
- Serve the French toast with your favorite fruit and whipped cream.
I used strawberries and peaches for my fruit. My mother in law has made me French toast with hazelnut coffee creamer and bacon and that was delicious. There are so many variations of French Toast out there. What is your favorite??